- 6 ounces basil leaves
- 5 ounces raw milk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more for preferred taste
- good pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- Rinse and thoroughly dry basil leaves. Place in Vitamix.
- Add olive oil.
- Blend well. You may need to use the tamper.
- Cut up the cheese into smaller pieces, then add to the Vitamix.
- Blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, one at a time, tasting the pesto as you add each ingredient. Add extra garlic, salt, or pepper to taste.
- Serve on pasta or zoodles. Best when consumed immediately. Can be stored up to 3 days.
Copyright © 2015 archerfriendly. All rights reserved.